Andrés Ponce, known as Andy Ruiz Jr., is an American professional boxer of Mexican descent. He is a former unified heavyweight champion, having defeated Anthony Joshua to win the WBA (Super), IBF, WBO, and IBO titles in 2019, only to lose them in a rematch with Joshua six months later. May these Andy Ruiz Jr. Quotes On Success inspire you to take action so that you may live your dreams.
1. “A lot of people have underestimated me and I have been a problem for them inside the ring.” Andy Ruiz Jr.
2. “I wanna be a legend, I wanna be in the world books of records.” Andy Ruiz Jr.
3. “If it wasn’t for my dad, I wouldn’t be here.” Andy Ruiz Jr.
4. “People need to understand that I came this far being chubby and all that. Imagine how far I could go actually being in good shape and looking good.” Andy Ruiz Jr.
5. “I’m just a little-big kid with a dream.” Andy Ruiz Jr.
6. “Mayweather is Mayweather. He’s always good. He stays in shape, takes care of himself.” Andy Ruiz Jr.
7. “I just have to do what I have to do, and just let my hands go and focus.” Andy Ruiz Jr.
8. “I have been dreaming about the heavyweight title it seems since I was born.” Andy Ruiz Jr.
9. “I’ve been an underdog my whole life with the shape that I have and the way that I look. But once I get in the ring it’s a whole different ball game.” Andy Ruiz Jr.
10. “I try to prove everybody wrong and those who underestimate me, that’s why I train hard.” Andy Ruiz Jr.
11. “The hard-working Mexican tries to get up here looking for opportunities because America’s one of the greatest countries in the world.” Andy Ruiz Jr.
12. “People tell me that I’ve also changed their lives making history.” Andy Ruiz Jr.
13. “The physique will show in the punches.” Andy Ruiz Jr.
14. “Everyone has a plan until they get hit.” Andy Ruiz Jr.
15. “As long as you pray and believe in your dreams, anything is possible.” Andy Ruiz Jr.
16. “We all have good days and bad days.” Andy Ruiz Jr.
17. “I’m confident in all my fights. You have to be. You have to put any negative thoughts aside.” Andy Ruiz Jr.
18. “Dreams are dreams and reality is reality. We have to make the dreams happen.” Andy Ruiz Jr.
19. “I need to remain humble, stay disciplined and keep training. That’s how I will continue to be a champion.” Andy Ruiz Jr.
20. “Each Mexican has his own dream, and I’ve come to believe as long as we focus, you can accomplish anything you want.” Andy Ruiz Jr.
21. “Don’t underestimate this little fat boy.” Andy Ruiz Jr.
22. “My dreams have come true.” Andy Ruiz Jr.
23. “It’s a natural blessing. Thanks to God. He gave me this ability of being chubby but still being fast and being able to hit hard.” Andy Ruiz Jr.
24. “I’m scared of things that I can’t see that can hurt me, you know.” Andy Ruiz Jr.
25. “It doesn’t matter how you look. As long as you train hard, you focus and you’re hungry, and that drive is in you to follow your dreams, everything is possible.” Andy Ruiz Jr.
26. “A lot of people can relate to me.” Andy Ruiz Jr.
27. “Everybody is looking for that chiseled guy. Just because they have a lot of muscles, they think he’s the strongest guy out there, this and that. Lucky for me, the skills pay the bills.” Andy Ruiz Jr.
28. “Boxing gave me the discipline and took me away from the streets and away from the corners. It changed my life, you know. Boxing dragging me away from all the bad potential I had.” Andy Ruiz Jr.
29. “When I got knocked down, I got back up.” Andy Ruiz Jr.
30. “For me, I’m an American and I’m a Mexican. I live here. And it hurts me the way a lot of people talk about Mexicans when I know we’re all about hard work and dedication.” Andy Ruiz Jr.
31. “It took a long time, and a lot of years, for me to get comfortable with myself, like the way I am now.” Andy Ruiz Jr.
32. “A lot of people saying that I’m not training, that I’m not taking it serious. Come on, I got all these belts. There’s a lot of responsibilities to this.” Andy Ruiz Jr.
33. “I want to show that it doesn’t matter what people say about you or how you don’t fit.” Andy Ruiz Jr.
34. “It’s hard to criticise a fighter when you’re not in the ring doing what we do.” Andy Ruiz Jr.
35. “My dad would always give me a Snickers before a fight. It gives me energy. It gives me everything I need to get the win.” Andy Ruiz Jr.
I hope you enjoyed these Andy Ruiz Jr. Quotes On Success. Do let us know which one was your favorite in the comments section below.
Check Out Andy Ruiz Jr. On Becoming First Mexican Heavyweight Champion From Jimmy Kimmel: