PewDiePie (real name Felix Arvid Elf Kjellberg) is a Swedish YouTube personality and game commentator. He has been known for his Let’s Play commentaries and vlogs, as well as for having the most subscribed channel on YouTube. Born in Gothenburg, Sweden.
PewDiePie originally pursued a degree in industrial economics and technology management at the Chalmers University of Technology in Gothenburg. In 2010, during his time at the university, he registered a YouTube account under the name PewDiePie. The following year, he dropped out of Chalmers after losing interest in his degree field, much to the dismay of his parents.
After failing to earn an apprenticeship with an advertising agency in Scandinavia, he then decided to focus on creating content for his YouTube channel. In order to fund his videos, PewDiePie began selling prints of his Photoshop art projects and working at a hot dog stand. PewDiePie soon gathered a rapidly increasing online following, and in July 2012, his channel surpassed one million subscribers.
On 15 August 2013, PewDiePie became the most subscribed user on YouTube, being surpassed for a total of 46 days in late 2013 by YouTube Spotlight. Holding the position since 22 December 2013, the channel has 64 million subscribers as of July 2018. From 29 December 2014 to 14 February 2017, PewDiePie’s channel held the distinction of being the most viewed of all time, and as of June 2018, the channel has received over 18 billion video views. May his quotes inspire you to be yourself so that you may live your dreams.
1. “Don’t be a salad. Be the best damn broccoli you can ever be.” PewDiePie
2. “Stay awesome bros. I know you will.” PewDiePie
3. “Unless you stop trying, how can you not fail anymore.” PewDiePie
4. “It was so much easier to connect with my fans when I was smaller. I could answer every message, and I enjoyed that.” PewDiePie
5. “Life is too short to focus on the things you hate, focus on what you love instead.” PewDiePie
6. “Comments are my main way to communicate with your bros.” PewDiePie
7. “With my channel, and what people associate with the Internet, most people think it goes viral, you become this huge thing super quick. I never had an explosion or a huge thing. It’s just been something that has progressively been growing. It’s been building.” PewDiePie
8. “The thing that has made YouTube so successful is that you can relate to the people you’re watching to a much higher degree than to the people you see on TV.” PewDiePie
9. “I just want to entertain; that is my main objective and what comes before everything else.” PewDiePie
10. “Everyone has played video games at some point these days, and video games are fun.” PewDiePie
11. “I’d like to help other YouTubers.” PewDiePie
12. “When I started my YouTube channel in 2010, I never imagined that one day it would be the most subscribed channel in the world and that I would be a part of such a great community.” PewDiePie
13. “What I and other YouTubers do is a very different thing; it’s almost like hanging around and watching your pal play games..” PewDiePie
14. “Everyone is entitled to their opinions, even though they’re wrong.” PewDiePie
15. “We’re all different but we’re all the same. You just be and you don’t let anyone tell you who you are. You don’t need labels to make yourself feel valuable, you’re better than that.” PewDiePie
16. “Nothing is easier if you’re an idiot.” PewDiePie
17. “Every second you’re closer to oblivion. No quote in the world is gonna change that.” PewDiePie
18. “Be nice to people; maybe one day they’ll be rich.” PewDiePie
19. “Do stupid stuff now because when you’re older, you’ll actually get in trouble for it.” PewDiePie
20. “I love this game. It’s so awesome.” PewDiePie
21. “It’s important to love yourself.” PewDiePie
22. “When I started out I couldn’t even afford a proper computer to record gameplay on.” PewDiePie
23. “I took a job at the hotdog stand, I was the happiest I was at that time because I was finally for the first time in many many years doing what I wanted to do, the fact that I could make videos was so much more important to me that I had to spend a few hours a day doing a job that wasn’t that prestigious.” PewDiePie
24. “Money doesn’t make you happy.” PewDiePie
25. “Haters gonna hate. Ducks gonna duck quack.” PewDiePie
26. “I don’t really care for numbers that much, what I care more about is the support that I get from all you guys. That means so much more than just a random number.” PewDiePie
27. “Thank you.” PewDiePie
28. “I love making these videos.” PewDiePie
29. “You guys are my main motivation of wanting to make these videos.” PewDiePie
30. “I make funny videos of me playing video games, and I share those moments.” PewDiePie
31. “My parents said that sitting at home playing video games all day won’t bring you anywhere in life.” PewDiePie
32. “When I started my YouTube channel in 2010, I never imagined that one day it would be the most subscribed channel in the world and that I would be a part of such a great community.” PewDiePie
33. “That’s what is cool about YouTube, anyone can do it.” PewDiePie
34. “I’m so lucky to be in a position to help people, and that’s appealing to me.” PewDiePie
35. “You can just be you.” PewDiePie
Here is a link to check out PewDiePie’s setup gear – including monitor, microphone, phone, computer, table, headset, headphones, plus many more other things that he uses.
Have a great day!