40 Inspirational Chinese Proverbs On Life And Success (2023)
Chinese Proverbs are full of so much wisdom. They can help you to reflect on your life and derive much wisdom. Proverbs can help you regardless if you are going through a difficult time in life or you are living in prosperity. May these Best Chinese Proverbs On Success inspire you to take action so that you may live your dreams.
1. “A man grows most tired while standing still.” Chinese Proverb
2. “Dig the well before you are thirsty.” Chinese Proverb
3. “When the winds of change blow, some people build walls and others build windmills.” Chinese Proverb
4. “He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; he who does not ask a question remains a fool forever.” Chinese Proverb
5. “Tell me, I forget. Show me, I remember. Involve me, I understand.” Chinese Proverb
6. “What you do not wish for yourself, do not do to others.” Confucius
7. “Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart.” Chinese Proverb
8. “The journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step.” Lao Tzu
9. “To talk much and arrive nowhere is the same as climbing a tree to catch a fish.” Chinese Proverb
10. “If your mind is strong, all difficult things will become easy; if your mind is weak, all easy things will become difficult.” Chinese Proverb
11. “Every child born has innate goodness.” Chinese Proverb
12. “Often one finds one’s destiny just where one hides to avoid it.” Chinese Proverb
13. “If you always give, you will always have.” Chinese Proverb
14. “Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.” Chinese Proverb
15. “Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it.” Confucius
16. “He who sacrifices his conscience to ambition burns a picture to obtain the ashes.” Chinese Proverb
17. “We count our miseries carefully, and accept our blessings without much thought.” Chinese Proverb
18. “If you plan for one year, plant rice. If you plan for ten years, plant trees. If you plan for 100 years, educate mankind.” Chinese Proverb
19. “Make happy those who are near, and those who are far will come.” Chinese Proverb
20. “Be not afraid of growing slowly; Be afraid only of standing still.” Chinese Proverb
21. “A single conversation with a wise man is worth a month’s study of books.” Chinese Proverb
22. “Outside noisy, inside empty.” Chinese Proverb
23. “True knowledge is when one knows the limitations of one’s knowledge.” Chinese Proverb
24. “A bad word worshipped will echo a hundred miles.” Chinese Proverb
25. “A wise man makes his own decisions, an ignorant man follows public opinion.” Chinese Proverb
26. “A bird does not sing because he has the answer to something, he sings because he has a song.” Chinese Proverb
27. “Learning is a treasure that will follow its owner everywhere.” Chinese Proverb
28. “To understand your parent’s love, you must raise children yourself.” Chinese Proverb
29. “If your face is ugly, you can’t blame the mirror.” Chinese Proverb
30. “The person attempting to travel two roads at once will get nowhere.” Xun Kuang
31. “Pearls don’t lie on the seashore. If you want one, you must dive for it.” Chinese Proverb
32. “Don’t listen to what they say. Go see.” Chinese Proverb
33. “An invisible thread connects those who are destined to meet.” Chinese Proverb
34. “The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.” Chinese Proverb
35. “He who returns from a journey is not the same as he who left.” Chinese Proverb
36. “Tension is who you think you should be, relaxation is who you are.” Chinese Proverb
37. “Control your emotions or they will control you.” Chinese Proverb
38. “All things are difficult before they are easy.” Chinese Proverb
39. “Man’s schemes are inferior to those made by heaven.” Chinese Proverb
40. “Your teacher can open the door but you must enter by yourself.” Chinese Proverb
I hope you enjoyed these Inspirational Chinese Proverbs On Life And Success (2023). Do let us know which one was your favorite in the comments section below.
Check Out Eastern Philosophy – Wu Wei From The School Of Life:
35 Inspirational Najwa Zebian Quotes On Success
35 Inspirational Ed Mylett Quotes On Success
40 Inspirational Quotes On Kindness
40 Inspirational John F. Kennedy Quotes On Success
35 Inspirational Satya Nadella Quotes On Success
35 Inspirational Sam Walton Quotes On Success
The Pitfalls To Success: 10 Tricks Your Mind Is Playing On You
35 Inspirational Michael Dell Quotes On Success
35 Inspirational George Washington Quotes On Success
35 Inspirational Anthony Bourdain Quotes On Success
- Quotes5 days ago
50 Inspirational Islamic Quotes On God, Life, Success, & The Hereafter
- Quotes5 days ago
35 Inspirational God Quotes
- Quotes5 days ago
35 Inspirational Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) ﷺ Quotes
- Quotes2 weeks ago
35 Inspirational Quotes On Knowing Your Worth
- Quotes1 week ago
60 Inspirational Quotes On Beauty
- Quotes2 days ago
20 Inspirational Quotes On Being A Good Person
- Quotes2 days ago
35 Inspirational Quotes On Problems
- Quotes2 weeks ago
25 Inspirational Quotes On Limits
Wow! I really enjoyed these proverbs! Nicely selected. I’ll borrow a few for my next post and link this post. Thanks!
Thanks Juan, glad you enjoyed them!
I try to provide the best content always.
I appreciate you linking back to me.
A beautiful collection of proverbs –
I am a retired teacher seeking inspirational quotes.
Thank you Asad Meah….God bless you!
Glad you enjoyed the proverbs Savitri
May God bless you too
Glad I found this site.
I am happy that you found this site too Nammy
It’s really a nice to begin it with a positive thoughts, and challenging to live by at least for the day and get involved this in your actions! The key to remember is share with the very next person you meet. Thanks Fella For your creative work!
Glad you enjoyed the article Harmeet
Those who challenge the Heaven must first be ready to face Hell.
Those who dare to fly must first be ready to meet the ground.
Interesting quote Richardo
Hi Asad, I found this blog a little while back and just did a podcast episode repeating these 40 Chinese proverbs in honour of Chinese New Year 🙂 Thanks so much for sharing! I’ve linked your blog post in both my blog and in the show notes my podcast show, The Happiness Approach. Wishing you all the best and thanks for taking the time to bring value into peoples’ lives, keep doing what you’re doing!
Hi Pooja, I’m glad that you like the Proverbs.
Thanks for linking back to my site.
I will check it out.
Keep up the great work!
Asad, well done with another great collection of quotes and proverbs. Thank you for sharing. Keep up the great work.
Glad you enjoyed the article Damien
Asad Meah, Hello from Orlando Florida USA. I am working on a speech about Chinese Culture and I found your website. I love the proverbs. There is so much truth in these. They are very inspirational. I, too, love to learn and learn and learn. It keeps me alive to learn.
Hi Ana, glad you enjoyed the Proverbs.
I agree – there is much wisdom for us to derive.
Keep at it.
Nice quote and they are very inspirational
Glad you enjoyed the article Robin
hi Alan, Thanks much, “am inspired” lets ACT.
Hi there! Such a wonderful write-up, thanks!
Glad you enjoyed the article Garrett
awesome site and i really enjoy them am all smiling now keep on giving us these nice qoutes
Glad you enjoyed the article Alex
Thanks for your kind words – I appreciate it
Love the wisdom shining from these proverbs. Was just wondering if you also had them in traditional Chinese characters. I understand a little Mandarin and would love to hear them in their original form as I have a son who can read them for me.
Hi Evan, glad you enjoyed the Proverbs.
No, I do not have them in traditional Chinese at the moment,
will add a translation functionality in the near future.
Outstanding quotes! This was some fresh air and a piece of mind! I like what you stand for as well. I can relate. We need more of this! Keep it up
Glad you enjoyed the article
Splendid. No other words to express my happiness after reading your wise proverbs.
Thank you for the profound staff…
Glad you enjoyed the article Emmanuel
Thank you for your kind words – I appreciate it
Hi, Asad, ” Am inspired ” lets ACT.
Let’s make it happen!
Action is the key
Asad, you are an inspiration.
Thank You for your kind words Kobby
I appreciate it
Glad you liked the article
Proverbs are GEMS of human life and inspire us to relate wisdom, truth, and facts.
Collection and sharing of proverbs are equivalent to teaching , a great profession, invokes great respect.
This is a real strong and powerful inspiration, that have changed my life and my way, I have joyed with this future.
Truly amazing. Glad they have helped you in life.
This is a phanstastic website. Since I am interested in martial arts and it’s philosophy since many years, I know many of those (chinese) proverbs. Lao Tse should be an idol for all mankind, bringing us closer to the roots of earth and nature, and hence closer to ourselves. If we stop focusing on “always more money and power over others”, we will start to respect others and ourselves, and as a result can become the best version of ourselves. This is the ultimate peace recipe for this world!
Thank you for collecting such dense wisdom. Let me know if there is something I might contribute to your webpage. Stay healthy and be blessed!
cordially – Andre
Dear Asad, your wish will be fulfilled Keep on getting the knowledge to wake-up the minds.this is the BEST JOB YOU SELECTED,I shall admire the same happiness in your success.
Thanks, and stay happy!