Robert John Downey Jr. is an American actor and singer. His career has included critical and popular success in his youth, followed by a period of substance abuse and legal troubles, and a resurgence of commercial success in middle age. For three consecutive years from 2012 to 2015, Downey topped the Forbes list of Hollywood’s highest-paid actors, making an estimated $80 million in earnings between June 2014 and June 2015. May his quotes inspire you to work hard to make your dreams a reality.
1. “Worrying is like praying for something that you don’t want to happen.” Robert Downey Jr.
2. “Listen, smile, agree and then do whatever you were gonna do anyway.” Robert Downey Jr.
3. “Do I want to be a hero to my son? No. I would like to be a very real human being. That’s hard enough.” Robert Downey Jr.
4. “Sometimes you just gotta be drop-kicked out of the nest.” Robert Downey Jr.
5. “The lesson is that you can still make mistakes and be forgiven.” Robert Downey Jr.
6. “I know very little about acting. I am just an incredibly gifted faker.” Robert Downey Jr.
7. “Look, even bad years are pretty good years, I think.” Robert Downey Jr.
8. “For years I took pride in being resilient.” Robert Downey Jr.
9. “It doesn’t matter whether or not you can act. If you can go into a room and make these sweaters want you, that’s what’ll get you the job.” Robert Downey Jr.
10. “You need to know what to do when the sun is not shining.” Robert Downey Jr.
11. “I think you end up doing the stuff you were supposed to do at the time you were supposed to do it.” Robert Downey Jr.
12. “I think that we all do heroic things, but hero is not a noun, it’s a verb.” Robert Downey Jr.
13. “I think life changes every year.” Robert Downey Jr.
14. “I think that the power is the principle. The principle of moving forward, as though you have the confidence to move forward, eventually gives you confidence when you look back and see what you’ve done.” Robert Downey Jr.
15. “I guess the issue for me is to keep things dynamic.” Robert Downey Jr.
16. “Acting is always a challenge.” Robert Downey Jr.
17. “I’m coming from a place of total strength and humility now.” Robert Downey Jr.
18. “I always think part of success is being able to replicate results, taking what is interesting or viable about yourself as a professional person and seeing if you bring it into different situations with similar results.” Robert Downey Jr.
19. “I always think part of success is being able to replicate results, taking what is interesting or viable about yourself as a professional person and seeing if you bring it into different situations with similar results.” Robert Downey Jr.
20. “With a terrible script, you hustle and try to make it better. But with a good script it can be trouble because you rest on your laurels, so to speak, you think it’s going to translate easily.” Robert Downey Jr.
21. “There are some parents who have really done it right and told their kid, You know, we have this dough, none of this is for you. You have to get your own.” Robert Downey Jr.
22. “All I want, and I think all any parent with a semblance of a moral psychology wants, is for my kid to have his own experience, uninhibited.” Robert Downey Jr.
23. “People never change because they are under threat or under duress. Never. They change because they see something that makes their life seem valuable enough to start moving toward a life worth living.” Robert Downey Jr.
24. “To me, friendship means loving tolerance.” Robert Downey Jr.
25. “Remember that just because you hit bottom doesn’t mean you have to stay there.” Robert Downey Jr.
26. “I don’t need an Iron Man suit.” Robert Downey Jr.
27. “I know who I am.” Robert Downey Jr.
28. “I am in the continual process of transcending fear. ” Robert Downey Jr.
29. “You have to let go of the things that are darling to you. You have to take the focus off yourself and put it on the shape of the scene and the intention of what everyone else needs.” Robert Downey Jr.
30. “Mediocrity is my biggest fear. I’m not afraid of total failure because I don’t think that will happen. I’m not afraid of success because that beats the hell out of failure. It’s being in the middle that scares me.” Robert Downey Jr.
31. “Nothing will serve you better than a strong work ethic. Nothing.” Robert Downey Jr.
32. “One must always be mindful.” Robert Downey Jr.
33. “I think it’s good to be confident. If I’m not on my team why should anybody else be?” Robert Downey Jr.
34. “The higher the stakes, the happier I am, the better I will be.” Robert Downey Jr.
35. “People rise out of the ashes because, at some point, they are invested with a belief in the possibility of triumph over seemingly impossible odds.” Robert Downey Jr.
36. “I have a sense of destiny that you are led to the things you are supposed to do.” Robert Downey Jr.
37. “Growing up is something that you do your whole life. I want to always feel that I can be a kid if I want.” Robert Downey Jr.
38. “Discipline for me is about respect. It’s not even about self-respect; it’s about respect for life and all it offers.” Robert Downey Jr.
39. “At the end of the day, anything I think I’m sacrificing I’m just giving up because it makes me feel better.” Robert Downey Jr.
40. “I used to be so convinced that happiness was the goal, yet all those years I was chasing after it I was unhappy in the pursuit. Maybe the goal really should be a life that values honor, duty, good work, friends, and family.” Robert Downey Jr.
35 Move Quotes On Success
To Move is the state of changing something’s position or changing where something is. To move someone means to cause them to have strong feelings, such as sadness, sympathy, happiness, or admiration. May these Move Quotes On Success inspire you to take action so that you may live your dreams.
1. “You must make a decision that you are going to move on. It won’t happen automatically. You will have to rise up and say, ‘I don’t care how hard this is, I don’t care how disappointed I am, I’m not going to let this get the best of me. I’m moving on with my life.” Joel Osteen
2. “Every day is a new day, and you’ll never be able to find happiness if you don’t move on.” Carrie Underwood
3. “To help yourself, you must be yourself. Be the best that you can be. When you make a mistake, learn from it, pick yourself up and move on.” Dave Pelzer
4. “Listening is a magnetic and strange thing, a creative force. The friends who listen to us are the ones we move toward. When we are listened to, it creates us, makes us unfold and expand.” Karl A. Menninger
5. “Aim for the sky, but move slowly, enjoying every step along the way. It is all those little steps that make the journey complete.” Chanda Kochhar
6. “We are alive and need to take risks. And if we fail, so what? Who cares? It doesn’t matter. Learn and move on without judgement.” Miguel Angel Ruiz
7. “It is only through labor and painful effort, by grim energy and resolute courage, that we move on to better things.” Theodore Roosevelt
8. “Nothing is impossible in this world. Firm determination, it is said, can move heaven and earth. Things appear far beyond one’s power, because one cannot set his heart on any arduous project due to want of strong will.” Yamamoto Tsunetomo
9. “Happiness is the ability to move forward, knowing the future will be better than the past.” Zig Ziglar
10. “That’s been one of my mantras – focus and simplicity. Simple can be harder than complex: You have to work hard to get your thinking clean to make it simple. But it’s worth it in the end because once you get there, you can move mountains.” Steve Jobs
11. “Stop waiting for others to tell you what you can do. Start putting faith into your own strengths and talents. Instead of questioning whether you can reach your goals, move forward with conviction and confidence.” Jane Powell
12. “The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.” Alan Watts
13. “Doubt thou the stars are fire, Doubt that the sun doth move. Doubt truth to be a liar, But never doubt I love.” William Shakespeare
14. “An ant on the move does more than a dozing ox.” Lao Tzu
15. “When we tackle obstacles, we find hidden reserves of courage and resilience we did not know we had. And it is only when we are faced with failure do we realise that these resources were always there within us. We only need to find them and move on with our lives.” A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
16. “There is progress whether ye are going forward or backward! The thing is to move!” Edgar Cayce
17. “You must take action now that will move you towards your goals. Develop a sense of urgency in your life.” H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
18. “March on. Do not tarry. To go forward is to move toward perfection. March on, and fear not the thorns, or the sharp stones on life’s path.” Khalil Gibran
19. “Either move or be moved.” Ezra Pound
20. “Let him that would move the world first move himself.” Socrates
21. “Those who do not move, do not notice their chains.” Rosa Luxemburg
22. “You’ve got to make tough decisions, sometimes unpopular decisions. Whatever it is, if it’s the right move at the right time, you’ve got to be also willing to make mistakes.” Sean McDermott
23. “It’s never nice to lose someone close to you; unfortunately, life goes on, and we have to make peace with it and move on.” Francois Hougaard
24. “Don’t move the way fear makes you move. Move the way love makes you move. Move the way joy makes you move.” Rajneesh
25. “Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world.” Archimedes
26. “The guerrilla must move amongst the people as a fish swims in the sea.” Mao Zedong
27. “I don’t have regrets, life is too short. You have to think about the positives and move forward.” Zoe Ball
28. “For me life is continuously being hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer.” Arnold Schwarzenegger
29. “Move fast and break things. Unless you are breaking stuff, you are not moving fast enough.” Mark Zuckerberg
30. “If the sight of the blue skies fills you with joy, if a blade of grass springing up in the fields has power to move you, if the simple things of nature have a message that you understand, rejoice, for your soul is alive.” Eleonora Duse
31. “It’s like everything in football – and life. You need to look, you need to think, you need to move, you need to find space, you need to help others. It’s very simple in the end.” Johan Cruyff
32. “Life is supposed to be about love and good times, and so I’ve forgiven myself after paying the consequences of my bad decisions, and I’m ready to move forward and allow my life to be a light to others that it’s never over, even for a person like me, who has lost a tremendous amount of respect among my peers, my fans, my friends and family.” Jon Jones
33. “Dream no small dreams for they have no power to move the hearts of men.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
34. “You’ve got to always go back in time if you want to move forward.” Snoop Dogg
35. “Move out of your comfort zone. You can only grow if you are willing to feel awkward and uncomfortable when you try something new.” Brian Tracy
I hope you enjoyed these Move Quotes On Success. Do let us know which one was your favorite in the comments section below.
Check Out How To Move On, Let Go & Leave Your Past in The Past (Powerful Speech):
Have A Great Day!
35 Funny Quotes On Success
1. “Even if you are on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.” Will Rogers
2. “The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” Terry Pratchett
3. “I choose a lazy person to do a hard job, because a lazy person will find an easy way to do it.” Bill Gates
4. “The greatest thief this world has ever produced is procrastination, and he is still at large.” Josh Billings
5. “If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito.” Dalai Lama
6. “Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it.” Dwight D. Eisenhower
7. “Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.” Miles Kington
8. “My advice to you is get married: If you find a good wife you’ll be happy; if not, you’ll become a philosopher.” Socrates
9. “If at first you don’t succeed, then skydiving definitely isn’t for you.” Steven Wright
10. “Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are a good person is a little like expecting the bull not to attack you because you are a vegetarian.” Dennis Wholey
11. “Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that who cares? He’s a mile away and you’ve got his shoes!” Billy Connolly
12. “The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.” Albert Einstein
13. “It is better to have one person working with you than three people working for you.” Dwight D. Eisenhower
14. “Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter.” Mark Twain
15. “People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily.” Zig Ziglar
16. “You must learn from the mistakes of others. You can’t possibly live long enough to make them all yourself.” Sam Levenson
17. “I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
18. “If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn’t sit for a month.” Theodore Roosevelt
19. “People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.” Winnie The Pooh
20. “Remember, today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.” Dale Carnegie
21. “I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.” Steven Wright
22. “A pessimist is a person who has had to listen to too many optimists.” Don Marquis
23. “If a little is great, and a lot is better, then way too much is just about right!” Mae West
24. “A woman is like a tea bag – you can’t tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.” Eleanor Roosevelt
25. “The elevator to success is out of order. You’ll have to use the stairs, one step at a time.” Joe Girard
26. “Even a stopped clock is right twice every day. After some years, it can boast of a long series of successes.” Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach
27. “A day without laughter is a day wasted.” Charlie Chaplin
28. “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” Thomas A. Edison
29. “We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public.” Bryan White
30. “I am so clever that sometimes I don’t understand a single word of what I am saying.” Oscar Wilde
31. “Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.” Alan Dundes
32. “Whoever said money can’t buy happiness didn’t know where to shop.” Gertrude Stein
33. “The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.” Vince Lombardi
34. “You know you’re getting old when you stoop to tie your shoelaces and wonder what else you could do while you’re down there.” George Burns
35. “Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.” Abraham Lincoln
I hope you enjoyed these Funny Quotes On Success. Do let us know which one was your favorite in the comments section below.
Check Out The Skill Of Humor | Andrew Tarvin | TEDxTAMU:
Have A Great Day!
35 Entrepreneur Quotes On Success
An entrepreneur is an individual who creates a new business, bearing most of the risks and enjoying most of the rewards. The entrepreneur is commonly seen as an innovator, a source of new ideas, goods, services, and business/or procedures. Entrepreneurs play a key role in any economy, using the skills and initiative necessary to anticipate needs and bring good new ideas to market. May these Entrepreneur Quotes On Success inspire you to take action so that you may live your dreams.
1. “It doesn’t matter how many times you have failed. You only have to be right once.” Mark Cuban
2. “Chase the vision, not the money, the money will end up following you.” Tony Hsieh
3. “There are two types of people who will tell you that you cannot make a difference in this world: those who are afraid to try and those who are afraid you will succeed.” Ray Goforth
4. “Success is neither magical nor mysterious. Success is the natural consequence of consistently applying the basic fundamentals.” Jim Rohn
5. “In the world of business, the people who are most successful are those who are doing what they love.” Warren Buffett
6. “Never be limited by other people’s limited imaginations.” Mae Jemison
7. “Challenges are gifts that force us to search for a new centre of gravity. Don’t fight them. Just find a new way to stand.” Oprah Winfrey
8. “The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do.” Steve Jobs
9. “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” Thomas Edison
10. “When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” Henry Ford
11. “Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” Thomas Edison
12. “The most valuable thing you can make is a mistake – you can’t learn anything from being perfect.” Adam Osborne
13. “It’s fine to celebrate success, but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure.” Bill Gates
14. “Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at 20 or 80. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young.” Henry Ford
15. “Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.” Jim Rohn
16. “Don’t pass up something that’s attractive today because you think you will find something better tomorrow.” Warren Buffett
17. “Stay afraid, but do it anyway. What’s important is the action. You don’t have to wait to be confident. Just do it, and eventually, the confidence will follow.” Carrie Fisher
18. “Success is empty if you arrive at the finish line alone. The best reward is to get there surrounded by winners.” Howard Schultz
19. “Don’t play games that you don’t understand, even if you see lots of other people making money from them.” Tony Hsieh
20. “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” Walt Disney
21. “You have to see failure as the beginning and the middle, but never entertain it as an end.” Jessica Herrin
22. “The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall.” Vince Lombardi
23. “Whatever you do, don’t play it safe. Don’t do things the way they’ve always been done. Don’t try to fit the system. If you do what’s expected of you, you’ll never accomplish more than others expect.” Howard Schultz
24. “I learned to always take on things I’d never done before. Growth and comfort do not coexist.” Virginia Rometty
25. “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” Winston Churchill
26. “Almost everything worthwhile carries with it some sort of risk, whether it’s starting a new business, whether it’s leaving home, whether it’s getting married, or whether it’s flying into space.” Chris Hadfield
27. “I had to make my own living and my own opportunity. But I made it! Don’t sit down and wait for the opportunities to come. Get up and make them.” Madam C.J. Walker
28. “If people haven’t laughed at your dreams, then you aren’t dreaming big enough. Just keep pushing forward.” Daymond John
29. “I knew that if I failed I wouldn’t regret that, but I knew the one thing I might regret is not trying.” Jeff Bezos
30. “People don’t take opportunities because the timing is bad, the financial side unsecure. Too many people are overanalyzing. Sometimes you just have to go for it.” Michelle Zatlyn
31. “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other’s opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.” Steve Jobs
32. “Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.” Albert Schweitzer
33. “We think, mistakenly, that success is the result of the amount of time we put in at work, instead of the quality of time we put in.” Arianna Huffington
34. “I always did something I was a little not ready to do. I think that’s how you grow. When there’s that moment of ‘Wow, I’m not really sure I can do this,’ and you push through those moments, that’s when you have a breakthrough.” Marissa Mayer
35. “Whatever you do, be different—that was the advice my mother gave me, and I can’t think of better advice for an entrepreneur. If you’re different, you will stand out.” Anita Roddick
I hope you enjoyed these Entrepreneur Quotes On Success. Do let us know which one was your favorite in the comments section below.
Check Out How To Be An Entrepreneur:
Have A Great Day!
35 Move Quotes On Success
35 Funny Quotes On Success
35 Entrepreneur Quotes On Success
50 Minimalism Quotes On Success
35 Women Empowerment Quotes On Success
35 Memories Quotes On Success
35 Inspirational Alhamdulillah Quotes
50 Bitcoin Quotes On Success
35 Self Love Affirmations
35 Faith Affirmations
- Quotes5 years ago
35 Inspirational Quotes On Beauty
- Quotes3 years ago
50 Inspirational Islamic Quotes On God, Life, Success, & The Hereafter
- Quotes4 years ago
35 Inspirational God Quotes
- Quotes3 years ago
35 Invention Quotes On Success
- Quotes5 years ago
35 Inspirational Quotes On Knowing Your Worth
- Quotes4 years ago
20 Inspirational Quotes On Being A Good Person
- Quotes5 years ago
35 Inspirational Quotes On Light
- Quotes5 years ago
35 Inspirational Quotes On Patience