50 Nelson Mandela Quotes
Here is a list of 50 inspirational Nelson Mandela Quotes that will change your life. Nelson Mandela was a true great who lived his life in a selfless manner, he dedicated his life to being of service to the world and he made a profound impact on millions of peoples lives. May these Nelson Mandela Quotes have a profound impact on you to believe in yourself so that you can live life courageously and make a lasting impact on the world.
1. “May your choices reflect your hopes, not your fears.” Nelson Mandela
2. “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” Nelson Mandela
3. “A winner is a dreamer who never gives up.” Nelson Mandela
4. “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” Nelson Mandela
5. “The greatest glory in living is not in falling, but in rising every time we fall.” Nelson Mandela
6. “I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” Nelson Mandela
7. “As I walked out the door toward the gate that would lead to my freedom, I knew if I didn’t leave my bitterness and hatred behind, I’d still be in prison.” Nelson Mandela
8. “There is no passion to be found playing small in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.” Nelson Mandela
9. “And if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love.” Nelson Mandela
10. “A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination.” Nelson Mandela
11. “After climbing a great hill. One only finds that there are many more hills to climb.” Nelson Mandela
12. “For to be free is not merely to cast off one’s chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others.” Nelson Mandela
13. “I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.” Nelson Mandela
14. “Sometimes, it falls upon a generation to be great. You can be that great generation. Let your greatness blossom.” Nelson Mandela
15. “Poverty is not an accident. Like slavery and apartheid, it is man-made and can be removed by the actions of human beings.” Nelson Mandela
16. “Courage is not the absence of fear – it’s inspiring others to move beyond it.” Nelson Mandela
17. “There can be no greater gift than that of giving one’s time and energy to helping others without expecting anything in return.” Nelson Mandela
18. “What counts is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.” Nelson Mandela
19. “We know too well that our freedom is incomplete without the freedom of the Palestinians.” Nelson Mandela
20. “And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.” Nelson Mandela
21. “Overcoming poverty is not a gesture of charity, it is an act of justice.” Nelson Mandela
22. “There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you have altered.” Nelson Mandela
23. “When a man is denied the right to live the life he believes in, he has no choice but to become an outlaw.” Nelson Mandela
24. “Part of being optimistic is keeping one’s head pointed toward the sun, one’s feet moving forward.” Nelson Mandela
25. “We commit ourselves to the construction of a complete, just, and lasting peace.” Nelson Mandela
26. “I never lose. I either win or learn.” Nelson Mandela
27. “Real leaders must be ready to sacrifice all for the freedom of their people.” Nelson Mandela
28. “It is what we make out of what we have given, not what we are given, that separates one person from another.” Nelson Mandela
29. “No single person can liberate a country. You can only liberate a country if you act as a collective.” Nelson Mandela
30. “While poverty persists, there is no true freedom.” Nelson Mandela
31. “Action without vision is only passing time, vision without action is merely day dreaming, but vision with action can change the world.” Nelson Mandela
32. “If you want the cooperation of humans around you, you must make them feel they are important, and you do that by being genuine and humble.” Nelson Mandela
33. “We need to exert ourselves that much more, and break out of the vicious cycle of dependence imposed on us by the financially powerful: those in command of immense market power and those who dare to fashion the world in their own image.” Nelson Mandela
34. “Courageous people do not fear forgiving, for the sake of peace.” Nelson Mandela
35. “When people are determined they can overcome anything.” Nelson Mandela
36. “Forget the past.” Nelson Mandela
37. “We must use time wisely and forever realize that the time is always ripe to do right.” Nelson Mandela
38. “Let there be work, bread, water and salt for all.” Nelson Mandela
39. “In my country, we go to prison first and then become President.” Nelson Mandela
40. “Never, never and never again shall it be that this beautiful land will again experience the oppression of one by another.” Nelson Mandela
41. “There is no easy walk to freedom anywhere.” Nelson Mandela
42. “As long as poverty, injustice and gross inequality persist in our world, none of us can truly rest.” Nelson Mandela
43. “People respond in accordance to how you treat them.” Nelson Mandela
44. “To deny people their human rights is to deny their very humanity.” Nelson Mandela
45. “Without education, your children can never really meet the challenges they will face. So it’s very important to give children education and explain that they should play a role for their country.” Nelson Mandela
46. “I dream of the realization of the unity of Africa, whereby its leaders combine in their efforts to solve the problems of this continent.” Nelson Mandela
47. “There is nothing I fear more than waking up without a program that will help me bring a little happiness to those with no resources, those who are poor, illiterate, and ridden with terminal disease.” Nelson Mandela
48. “Give a child love, laughter and peace.” Nelson Mandela
49. “I have cherished the ideal of a democratic and free society in which all person live together in harmony and with equal opportunities. It is an ideal which I hope to live and to achieve. But if needs be, it is an ideal for which I am prepared to die.” Nelson Mandela
50. “We can change the world and make it a better place. It is in your hands to make a difference.” Nelson Mandela
I hope you enjoyed these Nelson Mandela Quotes. Do let us know which one was your favorite in the comments section below.
Check Out Nelson Mandela’s Top 10 Rules Of Success From Evan Carmichael:
Have A Great Day!
35 Inspirational Frank Sinatra Quotes On Success
35 Inspirational Bill Clinton Quotes On Success
35 Inspirational Katy Perry Quotes On Success
35 Inspirational Aeschylus Quotes On Success
35 Inspirational Amelia Earhart Quotes On Success
35 Inspirational Alfred Hitchcock Quotes On Success
45 Inspirational Paul Allen Quotes On Success
35 Inspirational Andy Warhol Quotes On Success
35 Inspirational Madonna Quotes On Success
40 Inspirational Gordon Ramsay Quotes On Success
- Quotes2 weeks ago
50 Inspirational Islamic Quotes On God, Life, Success, & The Hereafter
- Quotes2 weeks ago
35 Inspirational God Quotes
- Quotes2 weeks ago
35 Inspirational Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) ﷺ Quotes
- Quotes3 weeks ago
35 Inspirational Quotes On Knowing Your Worth
- Quotes2 weeks ago
60 Inspirational Quotes On Beauty
- Quotes2 weeks ago
20 Inspirational Quotes On Being A Good Person
- Quotes1 week ago
35 Inspirational Quotes On Problems
- Quotes4 weeks ago
25 Inspirational Quotes On Limits
My name is Eva Marie Avendano. I’m starting a non profit for disadvantaged youth and family’s called Project Compassion and I want to start a movement benefit in human rights around the planet. I would like to make contacts and meet friends. Thank-you for the Nelson Mandela quote s. He inspire s me to help others and see the beauty within life and people.
Let’s do it …………. it will benefit the society at large and change everyones life
Your welcome. Nelson Mandela is a true role model for us all.
My is Fanuel Morning Simaneka yaAmukoto since my childhood I have been inspired by Nelson Mandela style and I thought I could meet him before he died. May his soul rest in peace. However I still want to meet the following leaders one on one. Dr Sam Nuujoma, Dr. Hange Geingob, Dr. Ita Kandji_Murangi ,Cde Nahas Angula just to mention a few, because of the same ambition as Eva Avendano.
Hey Fanuel, Nelson Mandela is an inspiration to us all who are striving to make a positive impact in the world. Take action, and get in contact with those you mentioned you would like to meet. Have a great day!
Nelson Mandela’s words once used,you can’t fail to change the world.full of sense.
I agree. His words are very powerful.
His words are motivational which gave me inspiration to write my own success motivational book which comes out soon.
Indeed, his words are powerful
Do share the link to your book once it is published
Thanks for these quotes, I am sure that they are going to change my life and thinking
Your welcome Risha
Tata Madiba did not only speak for the sake of speaking, he lived his words. That is what makes his quotes so powerful.
That is true
He was a man of integrity
Madiba had love and compassion for humanity. He loved justice, freedom and equality for all. His quotes will forever live
He was a great man
One of the best People ever loved so much your quotes are really inspiring and true motivation .
Yes indeed Nicholas
Thanks for this, really needed it for an essay I was writing about him. Truly something Mandela was.
Glad you enjoyed the article Rafael
Amazing post. Keep it up. He is an inspiring person to us all.
Glad you enjoyed the article Rashed.
Yes, he was and still is.
I have been inspired by Nelson Mandel’s quotes I’m sure if these words been applied effective can change the lives of people
Yes, I agree Gerrard
This is lovely, keep it up
Glad you enjoyed the article Nwafor
May his legacy continue to inspire us…musheti
Glad you enjoyed the article Musheti
When am parturbed I always read his qouete
Glad it makes a positive difference in your life
If all African leaders were of Nelson Mandela’s kind of mentality the entire continent could have been able to utilized their resources towards wealth creation inorder to eradicate poverty from all ifs habitats.He was a leader par excellence who managed to sacrifice most of life for all lives over and above human beings.His character was beyond any form of discription besides “extraordinary”.Of course was not a saint,but he had so much willpower for goodwill that saw him being a public enemy against all sorts of injustices against humanity which enabled him to walk scotfree in then one of the poorest suburbs such as Soweto,by then one of the most violent in S.A.Ultimately,this and more made him the love of the entire universe,That is why he said; ‘people react according to the way you treat them’.He left a big challenge to the world in terms of bringing about the aspect of good utmost faith in world politics.
But we can’t expect others to change things for us
We must be the change we seek
We must rise up and take action and do something positive in the world
If all people do their part, the world will be a much better place for all
It all beings with us caring for others, compassion, kindness, service, and faith in a better tomorrow
All things are possible with God – we just have to believe and take action
These intelligent quotes from the south African icon inspire me profoundly and brings out the best from many people, God bless us all
Glad you enjoyed the article Moses
Yes, indeed it does
May God bless us all abundantly
“There can be no greater gift than that of giving one’s time and energy to helping others without expecting anything in return.” Nelson Mandela
yes thanks for God to great such man like nelson Mandela to be come great universe mentor to inspire all mankind to become co create of this world extensively.
My name is Peju Babafemi, an administrator, with over three decades of service in the Nigerian Public Service.
Reading Nelson Mandela’s quotes is like spending time with a great mentor. They are very illuminating and apt for contemporary times. His priceless words inspire me to do more for humanity. That is why we are here, the time is indeed ripe to do right!