Most millionaires are self-made. They also have habits that help them accumulate wealth: “Your habits are the reason why you’re rich or poor,” says Tom Corley, author of Rich Habits: The Daily Success Habits of Wealthy Individuals. “In fact, it’s often two or three habits that separate the wealthy from those who are financially challenged.”
1. They Read
Self-made millionaires are readers, and Corley says this is the number one habit to adopt if you want to become wealthy. According to his study, 85% of millionaires read two or more books a month, and they choose books that help them grow, including topics like careers, biographies of successful people, self-help, health, current events, psychology, and leadership.
“The key to success in life is growing your knowledge base and skills,” says Corley. “Devote 30 minutes or more each day to learning by reading books. If you do, it will set you apart from the competition, as most people do not read.”
2. They Pursue Things That Interest Them
People often enter careers for the stability factor, but wealthy people pursue their interests. “They put their ladder on their own wall,” says Corley. “When you’re passionate about what you’re doing, you work harder. ”
3. They Find A Mentor
Ninety-three percent of self-made millionaires in Corley’s study attribute their wealth to having mentors.
“Finding a success mentor in life is one of the least painful ways to become rich,” says Corley. “It can put you on the fast track to success.”
Corley says there are five types of success mentors:
Parents. Parenting is very important when it comes to being a millionaire. Parents are your first mentors. If they teach children good daily success habits, they’ll struggle less in life.
Teachers. Teachers can reinforce the mentoring children receive at home from their parents, or step in to provide the success mentoring absent at home.
Career Mentors. Finding a mentor at work you admire, trust, and respect can lead to success in life. Choose someone at least two levels above your rank.
Book Mentors. Mentors don’t have to be real relationships. Sometimes the best source are found in books, particularly books about successful people, says Corley.
Yourself. Also called “the school of hard knocks,” you can mentor yourself by learning from your own mistakes. “This is the hard path to success, because those mistakes and failures carry significant costs in both time and money,” says Corley. “But this is also the most powerful type of mentoring you can get, because the lessons you learn are infused with intense emotion and never forgotten.”
Before millionaires identify goals, they do something that Corley calls “dream setting”—they write down what their ideal life would look like, then use this script to create a bullet-point list of dreams. Goals are then built around each dream.
“Think of dreams as a ladder, and the rungs are your goals,” he says. “Ask yourself, ‘What would I need to do in order for each wish or dream to come true? Am I capable of performing those activities? And do I have the necessary skills and knowledge? Then take action.”
5. They Write To-Do Lists
Goals are only goals when they have two things: 100% achievability and physical activity, says Corley. Millionaires break down goals into physical action steps that make up their to-do list, and many have lists that follow a habit.
“Millionaires process success,” says Corley. “When you create processes, you don’t have to think, which takes energy and contributes to decision fatigue. Habits are valuable because they brain fuel that can be used doing something else.”
6. They Create Multiple Streams Of Income
Self-made millionaires do not rely on only a single source of income, says Corley. Instead, they develop multiple streams, and most have at least three.
“Sixty-five percent had three or more streams of income that they created over time,” he says. “Diversifying your sources of income allows you to weather the economic downturns that always occur in life.”
Revenue streams include real estate rentals, stock market investments, annuities, private equity investments, part ownership in side businesses, ancillary products, or services, and royalties.
7. They Avoid Time Wasters
Millionaires believe money can be recouped, but the bigger risk is wasting time.
“When we invest our time in anything, it’s lost forever,” says Corley. “Yet, because we are all given what seems to be an abundance of time, it has very little value to us.”
Sixty-seven percent of the self-made millionaires in Corley’s study watch less than an hour of TV each day, and 63% spent less than an hour a day on the Internet in activities such as Facebook or watching YouTube videos.
“This freed up time for them to pursue their dreams, goals, read, learn, exercise, volunteer, and network,” he says.
Use this information and implement it into your life so that you can become a self-made millionaire. You must develop rich daily success habits and rid yourself of the poor daily mediocre habits, so that you can live life on a new level.
How To Achieve Success?
How To Achieve Success?
Success can be defined in many ways; it can be happiness for one person and wealth for another. It can be peace for one and respect for another. Everyone can define success in their own way, but in general, it is a feeling of satisfaction and happiness.
Throughout life, we have a hunger to achieve greatness. The more we achieve the better life becomes. There are plenty of opportunities in this world. If you have a dream to succeed and achieve something special in this life, you need to put in the work, because without action, nothing is possible. The majority of people only dream to succeed, while a small minority work hard to achieve their dreams. To attain success, you need to sacrifice many things, this is how the successful people in this world achieved their greatness.
We need to understand how to achieve success. To do this, we need to break down what success means. The best way to do this is by understanding and analyzing successful people. Successful people in this world emulated and followed the footsteps of other successful people. For example, there is a pattern with successful people. Many successful people wake up early. They spend their time wisely throughout the day, reading and gaining knowledge. This is key to success, while keeping a good balance in life is also vital in achieving success.
Quotes On Success
“Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.” Winston Churchill
“If you really look closely, most overnight successes took a long time.” Steve Jobs
“The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” Walt Disney
“The successful warrior is the average man, with laser-like focus.” Bruce Lee
“If you really want to do something, you’ll find a way. If you don’t, you’ll find an excuse.” Jim Rohn
5 Great Pointers On Achieving Success
Follow Your Passion
Success does not come overnight, it takes a lot of hard work and passion to reach the desired goal and dream. It requires strong dedication, hard work, constant improvement, and sometimes luck. If you are not doing what you love, then you are bound to give up and fail. Only those who have a great passion for something they love, will continue, and strive hard to move on and achieve greatness. It should be something you are willing to sacrifice and dedicate your life to. Every day, every week, and every hour of the day should be dedicated to achieving your goals and dreams.
Find The Correct Balance
Life is all about finding the right balance. When you find the right balance, only then will you see success around you and within you. Balance your time, spend time with your family and friends. Allocate time to achieving your goals and targets. Look after your health, exercise, and eat well. Life is all about finding a balance. Do not sacrifice one thing for another. It is important to find the right balance in life.
Establish A Routine
Routines are vital when you are trying to succeed. We are taught from a young age the importance of keeping a good routine in life because without a routine you will be a mess and it will become harder for you to do well in achieving your goals and targets. For example, people who have a job, working for a company, these companies have strict routines in place. The reason for this is so that the company performs well and becomes more successful. Even in our daily lives, without routine we will be all over the place. It is proven that a person who has no routine in life, is a person who is very lazy, a time waster and someone who has no goals and ambition in life. Therefore, we should strive to have good routines in our life, as this will lead us to have a better life.
Learn From Your Mistakes
Successful people have failed many times. It is inevitable unless you are an extremely lucky person, where everything works out for you. But, when starting off, the first few steps are the hardest. Many people who have achieved great things have failed on many occasions. There are many obstacles in front of you that blocks you from reaching the next stage of success. For example, there are many entrepreneurs who have failed in many businesses, until that one business that has made them successful. Without failures and mistakes, we as humans will never learn, therefore make as many mistakes as you can, as these mistakes will lead you to gain more experience and knowledge in achieving your goals and dreams.
Find Support And Resources
Find yourself a mentor, you need someone who can point you in the right direction to achieve greatness. With the correct help and support, you can achieve even better than you would do by yourself. If a mentor is not available, try reaching out to others in your field. Find people who have already achieved what you plan to achieve, and try and get as much information from them as possible so that you can reach that level of success one day. Networking is important to become successful and bigger in what you are trying to accomplish. Reaching out to people will allow you to grow further. It will allow you to find out information that you did not even know you needed. Therefore, speaking out and finding the right support and resources will push you to the next level.
To summarize, to achieve success, you must be wise and bold. A person who does not try and is lazy in life will go nowhere. You cannot just dream and expect everything to fall perfectly in front of you. You must work hard to get results. We should analyze those who have achieved greatness, by following in their footsteps. Only then can we crawl, walk, and then achieve our own success. Remember, success does not come overnight, it begins with baby steps, and when you are established, you will see the greatest successes.
How To Switch To Self-Love – Your Secret SuperPower
How To Switch To Self-Love – Your Secret SuperPower from Ralph Smart of Infinite Waters (Diving Deep). This was an excellent talk about the importance of self-love and it’s relevance to success. Take this information and implement it so that you can live life a life of self-love.
1. Self-love is the secret gateway to becoming your greatest version.
2. Without self-love you won’t go far.
3. Self-love has changed my life in a phenomenal way. It’s helped me connect with millions of people living infinite abundance.
4. And there was a time when I didn’t love myself, look, nobody teaches us how to love ourselves, why it’s important to love ourselves, what are the benefits of loving yourself. No, they don’t teach you that, that’s why a lot of us are really confused.
5. Practicing the art of self-love is a lifelong process. I mean every single day.
6. And it starts with this, stop caring what other people think.
7. We want to be accepted so therefore we spend our whole entire lives trying to conform to other people’s standards instead of creating our own.
8. Other people’s beauty standards. Their body standards – I want to look like that Ralph, it’s not fair.
9. So, what helped me along my journey was to stop trying to live by other people’s standards.
10. Instead, I had to learn how to live by my own standards and you do this simply by surrendering, it’s not about competing – I want to be like them, that’s a disrespect towards yourself.
11. You want to become your greatest version, your, not me, for you. Do it for you. Right, and it’s such a weight off your shoulders.
12. I just started to realize I’ve got to start creating my own standards. Living in my own standards of beauty. Accepting my body how it is, the shape of my face. I love it all. And that’s how to begin to love yourself.
13. Stop trying to fit in when you were born to stand out.
14. Ok, how many weird people do you know? That is how to switch to self-love. Weird people aren’t weird, that’s just what we call them. Weird people are unique. That’s why they stand out.
15. And have you ever noticed that when you find someone who is very unique, it almost allows you to be yourself? You feel comfortable around them because you’re like they’re so weird well I’m going to be weird anyway. Then you fall into the true authentic you.
16. Spend time with unique people who don’t care about copying other people, they are original, they love who they are 100%. And I do it all the time, I meet a lot of very very weird people every single day, well, I’m Diving Deep and it’s beautiful.
17. I have to always honor my uniqueness. You won’t find another Infinite Waters, if you do, they’re a clone.
18. When we talk of Self-love, I’ve realized this that you’ve got to go to the place where you find your greatest power, that’s what helped me along my journey.
19. I realized, for a long time I was living a very very harmful lifestyle because I wasn’t practicing self-love, I wasn’t doing what I love every single day, I was in the wrong environment, the wrong friends, I was following the wrong crowd. If you’re doing all of that it’s going to be very hard to love yourself
20. But when you go to the place where you find your greatest power. Skate every day like me. You’re in the seat of your power, you are in the throne. Whether you be a makeup artist or scientist, you do that every single day, go into the lab, you are in the seat of your power. That’s how to practice the art of self-love.
21. You go to the place of your greatest empowerment every single day. I’m always in nature. I’m in the art gallery. I’m doing what I love. I get to wake up and do whatever I want and live in infinite abundance. You think I’m complaining?
22. You can’t love other people until you love yourself. And not caring what other people think is the greatest form of self-love.
The above information was just over 7 minutes of the video.
This is amazing information from Ralph.
Check out the full video:
5 Powerful Things Successful People Do Differently
Many people believe that a successful life is just a matter of luck, and leave everything to their destiny to decide whether or not they will be successful.
On the other hand, what many people are unaware of is that successful people have certain habits that separate them from ordinary people.
These people are more aware of their strengths and weaknesses. They are self-conscious and know how to turn a losing moment into a winning moment. They are motivated, disciplined and consistent. Above all, they are not made through just a matter of luck.
Here are five powerful things successful people do differently.
1. Turn Their Passion Into A Full-Time Profession
It’s obvious that if you are doing the things that you don’t love you soon get fed up with your work and fail to give your maximum at your workplace. You will be less focused, procrastinate more, feel tired, make more excuses and hence your input will reflect your output.
Successful people do what they love. They give priority to their interests over wealth or respect. Almost all the artists, sportspersons and entrepreneurs are underpaid at first. No matter how bad the circumstances, they worked consistently and devoted their heart and soul into their work. They looked for ways to increase their revenue and transformed their passion into a full-time profession.
If you want to be successful, give priority to your passion and think of ways to make it your full-time job. Then you will be happier and have a more meaningful life.
2. Setting Priorities
Millions of people fail every year not because they do not have aspirations but because they fail to set priorities. They try to do a lot of things at once, rather than focusing on one important task. They are brilliant at achieving not-so-important goals, and poor at reflecting on the necessary task.
Successful people think otherwise. They cut-off all the distractions and pick the toughest task first. They work outside their comfort zone to complete the difficult tasks.
3. Continuously Reinforce The Foundation
Every profession has some key skills which form the foundation. If the skills are not harnessed continuously, it will affect your whole business career. Successful people are smart enough to find the key skills of their profession and spend the maximum amount of time and money in developing those areas.
They read books, attend seminars, and meet like-minded people. Some top performers also hire a coach to become exceptionally good at what they love to do.
To get the maximum output you can follow the 3% rule of investment. The rule says that if you spend 3% of your income in self-education, you will see yourself outperforming 90% of the people around you.
4. Goal Setting
Everyone talks about goal setting. Why is it so? Because it’s a roadmap. If you do not know how to reach your destination then most certainly you will never be able to reach it. Goal setting works as a roadmap to success, and it’s the common trait that all successful people follow. Here are the phenomenal benefits of goal setting.
- You’ll have a clear vision on what to do today, tomorrow, and next month if you already know about your destination in detail.
- Clarity in decision-making abilities.
- You will start finding new ways to reach your goals in the minimum amount of time and money.
- Studies have shown that reviewing your goals every day improves motivation in an unexpected way.
- People who have goals have a high self-image of themselves. High self-image results in increased productivity and confidence.
- Goal setting leads to a more meaningful life.
5. Dealing With Uncertain Moments
Where people are afraid of taking risks, successful people not only take risks but also develop their risk-taking muscle within themselves so that they can fight against the uncertain moments (fight or flight).
A successful life is not determined through massive luck but through the courage to take big risks. Challenges and opportunities come along with a certain amount of risk.
While ordinary people avoid risk due to ‘fear of failure‘, successful people continuously overcome one uncertain moment after another to achieve personal and professional excellence.
The biggest enemy or obstacle on your path to success is a negative mindset or the perception that you need to be born into wealth, and extremely lucky. Well, that is not the case. Most successful people are not born into wealth or born lucky. They tried new things, made mistakes, learned and made their way through the journey to success.
If you want to be successful, make sure that you are doing what you love, setting priorities and removing clutter and distractions from your everyday life, enhancing your key skills, setting clear and in-detailed goals, taking risks and dealing with uncertain moments with a positive mindset.
What’s your mindset towards a successful life? Share your views in the comments below.
35 Move Quotes On Success
35 Funny Quotes On Success
35 Entrepreneur Quotes On Success
50 Minimalism Quotes On Success
35 Women Empowerment Quotes On Success
35 Memories Quotes On Success
35 Inspirational Alhamdulillah Quotes
50 Bitcoin Quotes On Success
35 Self Love Affirmations
35 Faith Affirmations
- Quotes5 years ago
35 Inspirational Quotes On Beauty
- Quotes3 years ago
50 Inspirational Islamic Quotes On God, Life, Success, & The Hereafter
- Quotes4 years ago
35 Inspirational God Quotes
- Quotes3 years ago
35 Invention Quotes On Success
- Quotes5 years ago
35 Inspirational Quotes On Knowing Your Worth
- Quotes4 years ago
20 Inspirational Quotes On Being A Good Person
- Quotes5 years ago
35 Inspirational Quotes On Light
- Quotes5 years ago
35 Inspirational Quotes On Patience