Net Worth: $48.4 Billion
Height: 1.8 M
Born: November 1, 1935
Country Of Origin: United States
Residence: Wichita, Kansas
Source Of Wealth: Koch Industries
Profession: Chairman and CEO of Koch Industries
Marital Status: Married
Education: Master of Science, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Last Updated: 2020
Charles de Ganahl Koch is an American businessman and philanthropist. Koch is the co-owner, chairman, and chief executive officer of Koch Industries which is an oil refining and chemical industry. According to Forbes Survey 2010, Koch Industries is the second-largest revenue-producing company in the United States.
As of 2020, Charles Koch’s Net Worth is an estimated $48.4 billion.
Charles Koch was born in Wichita, Kansas, United States. His father Fred Chase Koch was an engineer who later turned to be an industrialist and founded Koch industries. Despite growing in a rich family he did not live a privileged life. His father wanted him to work as if he is the poorest child in the universe.
Koch studied at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. He received a Bachelor of Science in General Engineering and a Master of Science in Nuclear and Chemical Engineering from Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
After his graduation, Koch started working at Arthur D. Little, Inc. In 1961, he moved back to Wichita and joined his father’s company Rock Island Oil & Refining Company which later became Koch Industries. When it was a medium-sized oil firm, Koch became the president of the company. Charles Koch expanded his business in diverse fields such as energy, fiber, chemicals, polymers, pulp, paper and minerals, and more.
Charles’ two brothers Frederick and Bill also had their shares in the company. He and his younger brother David bought the shares and became the owner of the Koch Industries. In 1982, he became the Director of Koch Industries. Koch Industries have invested more than $70 billion in ventures such as Georgia-Pacific, Molex, Flint Hills Resources, Koch Pipeline, Koch Fertilizer, Koch Minerals, and Matador Cattle Company.
Koch is also of resin and fiber company Invista and director of Georgia-Pacific LLC, paper and pulp products. Charles Koch is a member of the Mont Pelerin Society. He has published three books on business, The Science of Success, Market Based Management, and Good Profit.
Net Worth Last 5 Years
2019: Net worth was $41 billion
2018: Net worth was $53.5 billion
2017: Net worth was $48.5 billion
2016: Net worth was $42 billion
2015: Net worth was $41 billion
Charles Koch and his family live in Wichita, Kansas (KS), US. He drives a Rolla Royce Drophead coupe. Charles Koch also owns a private jet named Dassault Falcon Jet Corp and a yacht.
1. “Successful companies create value by providing products or services their customers value more highly than available alternatives. They do this while consuming fewer resources, leaving more resources available to satisfy other needs in society. Value creation involves making people’s lives better. It is contributing to prosperity in society.” – Charles Koch
2. “To be happy you have to fulfill your nature. That’s what Aristotle taught so many centuries ago, that the road to happiness isn’t to go drink more or consume more. The road to happiness is to fully develop your abilities, and then apply them to do good.” – Charles Koch
3. “Best part of my job is fulfillment. When I see that, that we’re creating value, that we’re helping improve people’s lives, and we benefit from it, so it’s a system of mutual benefit. Our philosophy’s working. That’s what turns me on. That’s what keeps me going.” – Charles Koch
4. “A classical liberal is someone who wants a society that maximizes peace, civility, tolerance, and well-being for everyone. One that opens opportunities for everyone to advance themselves.” – Charles Koch
5. “Repeatedly asking for government help undermines the foundations of society by destroying initiative and responsibility. It is also a fatal blow to efficiency and corrupts the political process.” – Charles Koch
Key Points To Conclude
- Keep your head down at work.
- Don’t Mix Business with politics.
- Success demands sweat.
- Invest in different ventures.
- A good fortune is the result of a good investment.
Charles Koch has been the co-owner, director, and CEO of Koch Industries since 1967 and his late brother was the official Vice President till 2019. As of 2019, Charles Koch is positioned as the 11th wealthiest person in the world.
As of 2020, Charles Koch‘s net worth is an estimated $48.4 Billion.
I hope that you have been inspired by Charles Koch’s Net Worth, do let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.