Net Worth: $68.9 Billion
Height: 1.96 m
Born: March 24, 1956
Country Of Origin: United States
Residence: Hunts Point, Washington
Source Of Wealth: Microsoft, Self Made
Profession: American businessman
Marital Status: Married
Education: Bachelor of Arts/Science, Harvard University; Drop Out, Stanford University
Last Updated: 2020
Steven Anthony Ballmer is an American businessman and investor. He has been the CEO of Microsoft from 2000-2014. He currently owns the Los Angeles Clippers of the National Basketball Association. In 2020, he is ranked as the 16th richest person in the world.
As of 2020, Steve Ballmer’s Net Worth is an estimated $68.9 Billion.
Steve Ballmer was born in Detroit, Michigan. His father was a Swiss immigrant and his mother was Belarusian Jewish. He went to the International School of Brussels. He took engineering classes at Lawrence Technological University. Ballmer graduated magna cum laude from Harvard University with a degree in Applied Mathematics and economics. He was a manager for the Harvard Crimson football team during his college career. In 1980, Ballmer quit Stanford Graduate School of Business and joined Microsoft.
Steve Ballmer began his career right after completing his education at school. His college friend Bill Gates hired him as his first business manager. Steve Ballmer dropped out of Stanford University and joined Microsoft as a full-time employee. He re-structured Microsoft’s partnership and Bill Gates held 53 percent of the equity and Ballmer 8%. In 1986, Microsoft became a Publicly recognized company when Ballmer became a Multi-Millionaire.
In 1998, he was officially promoted to President of Microsoft. In 2000, he was named as CEO of Microsoft and he handled finances and daily operations. On February 4, 2014, Satya Nadella succeeded Ballmer as CEO. He purchased the Los Angeles Clippers for $2 billion which was the second-highest bid for a sports franchise.
Net Worth Last 5 Years
2019: Net worth was $51.7 billion
2018: Net worth was $42.3 billion
2017: Net worth was $33.6 billion
2016: Net worth was $27.5 billion
2015: Net worth was $21.6 billion
Steve Ballmer and his family live in Hunts Point, Washington. He drives a Ford Fusion Hybrid. Steve Ballmer does not own any private jet but he owns a wonderful yacht named Octopus.
1. “The number one benefit of information technology is that it empowers people to do what they want to do. think they could learn before, and so in a sense, it is all about potential.” – Steve Ballmer
2. “I come back to the same thing: We’ve got the greatest pipeline in the company’s history in the next 12 months, and we’ve had the most amazing financial results possible over the last five years, and we’re predicting being back at double-digit revenue growth in fiscal year ’06.” – Steve Ballmer
3. “All companies of any size have to continue to push to make sure you get the right leaders, the right team, the right people to be fast acting, and fast moving in the marketplace. We’ve got great leaders, and we continue to attract and promote great new leaders.” – Steve Ballmer
4. “Look at the product pipeline, look at the fantastic financial results we’ve had for the last five years. You only get that kind of performance on the innovation side, on the financial side, if you’re really listening and reacting to the best ideas of the people we have.” – Steve Ballmer
5. “When you’re running a company, you have employees – lots of them – that can interrupt your schedule. You have customers that can interrupt your schedule. You have a certain obligation to wave the flag because people expect to get out and wave the flag. The number of ways that others can command your time is high.” – Steve Ballmer
Key Points To Conclude
Steve Ballmer is the 16th richest businessman in the world. He gained massive success after joining Microsoft. He served in Microsoft at different positions from 2000 to 2014. He is the owner of the NBA Los Angeles Clippers.
As of 2020, Steve Ballmer‘s net worth is an estimated $68.9 billion.
I hope that you have been inspired by Steve Ballmer’s Net Worth, do let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.